Pages

Saturday, January 24, 2015

A Long, Long Overdue Post

I'm bad at this, apparently.  But the Little Monster takes up so much time (I know, surprise, surprise, right?).  This post will be a little hectic, but the following ones should be better.  I just need to remember to write, then find the time.

Upcoming posts will have to do with:

  • Cloth diapering
  • Vaccinations
  • Circumcision
  • Sleep (or the extreme lack thereof)
  • Staying at Home
  • Toys
  • Some other Stuff

This post, just to keep it relatively short, will be an update on everything that's happened in the last 4 months, and where we find ourselves.

The Little Monster is 4 months old.  He's huge, or at least he seems huge.  His hands are massive, but they always have been, compared to the rest of him.  He can push himself up on his belly, and roll front-to-back and back-to-front and although he used to hate it with the firey passion of a thousand suns, he now tolerates tummy time. He can't quite sit up on his own, but that doesn't stop him from trying.  Crawling is much the same.

He talks constantly.  Just chatters away, sometimes to us, sometimes to his toys or his feet.  The cutest thing he's done recently was smile and start saying "Boo boo booo" with a mouth full of boob.

He smiles and laughs a lot and every time he does, I feel like I could just die of happiness.  It's the most wonderful thing in the world, and it's nearly impossible not to do silly and ridiculous things 24/7 just to try to get a smile.

He has a favourite book.  I didn't think it was possible for babies this young to have favourite anythings, but he has a favourite book and a favourite toy and a few songs which he clearly prefers over others. Neither Mr. Wolfman or I are particularly musically inclined, and the Monster finds it hilarious when we sing to him.  Except at night, when I sometimes sing him to sleep. Sad music makes him sad, the same way as it always did for me as a child (until I was maybe 11 or 12).

Where I am: I'm not getting any sleep.  Last night, I was up with the monster every 45mins-1.5hrs and had nightmares in between.  My wonderful Mr. took the monster for 2 hours(!) this morning and let me sleep.  It was absolute bliss, but nowhere near enough to catch up on 4 months of next-to-no sleep.

Also, I've confirmed what I've long suspected: I'm a terrible housewife.  I am not cut out to be a stay-at-home mum.  My husband suggested we switch in a few months, and if I can find a job that will pay enough, I'm all for it.  Mr. Wolfman has so much on his shoulders right now, and I don't feel like I'm pulling my weight, but at the same time, I'm permanently exhausted and starting to go nuts with cabin fever.

Well, the little monster is waking up.  He's been napping behind me on the couch, but, of course sleeping when he sleeps doesn't work if he can roll off and hurt himself.

More posts to come :)





No comments:

Post a Comment