I tend to waffle back and forth on the idea of resolutions. In 2009 I made 52, one for every week... I think I've done most of them, now. This year, I went ahead and made some. Only 3, but they're kinda complicated.
- Take better care of myself (body and mind)
- Get into and stick with therapy.
- Eat less crap
- Exercise regularly
- Finish writing, editing and illustrating 2 children's books & publish both
- Create from scratch at least one additional children's book & publish it
- Edit first draft of existing novel; get it professionally edited & published.
- (Ideally, get at least 3 of these published before my birthday. I want 5 published books before I'm 30)
- Complete at least one of 2 auxiliary courses and figure out and implement a long term plan to complete my university degree.
I also have some Monster-related resolutions, but they include effort from both Mr. Wolfman and the Monster, so they're not 100% up to me. But what I'd like to see:
- Potty train the monster before the end of the year.
- Wean the monster before the end of the year (or, you know, right now would be good)
- Get the monster in his own room
- Not really a resolution, but I would really love it if the monster would be sleeping through the night before 2017.
So, that's me. Step one, call for a therapy appointment and a regular Dr. appointment* first thing on Monday. I've already finished my last Dr. Pepper (from last night) and only put one of my normal 2 sugars in my latte this morning.
I think I'll go fold up the playpen so I can get going on MonsterResolution #3.
PS, I'll probably post a decent amount about the resolutions in the coming months, just to keep myself accountable.
*The symptoms I was experiencing were a false alarm (kinda bummed), but obviously something's up, so I need to see the doc and find out what (maybe thyroid?). Dr. Illegible is away, and I got stuck seeing Dr. Condescension (and will have to see him again for the results of my bloodwork).